Monday, February 12, 2018

EARTHQUAKE!




I've gotten a lot of emails about the earthquakes and since I'm in 中壢 (Zhongli) it hasn't been too bad! We have felt them but they aren't too serious here.

This week flew by! 過年 (New year) Is almost here (on Friday)  and our schedule is filled with eating with members. It's about a week and a half of lunch and dinner with a bunch of food and members. It's awesome!!

We met with 吳妹妹 (Sister Wu) this week and she's doing awesome!! She loved church and young women's and she is progressing so well. We met with her and figured out that she has been reading and praying every night before she sleeps. We shared the plan of salvation and she drew it out and then on Sunday in young women's she told us that they learned that lesson.

We also have seen some cool miracles this week. The ward has had our back on so many things. Ward council was super good (even though it was super super early in the morning wow so early ) the ward was listening to what help we needed and we got some great ideas on how to work with our ward.

We also had a cool miracle when we were going to randomly visit this member to stick heart post it notes on their door. When we arrived there, a couple was leaving and we randomly started talking to them and it was a dad and a mom going to walk their dog. We talked with them about families and the dad was telling us about how important he thought families were and then they set up for a couple days later to meet with us! (Which is tonight!)

We also went to eat at the 排骨飯 (Pork Spare rib rice) place again and we saw the owners again (the mom who is pregnant and the husband who helps sometimes cause he has another job ) we talked to them for a bit and it turns out they liked the family message so much they stuck the pamphlet on their fridge!! We are going to meet with them tomorrow using line which is awesome cause our phones are allowing us to meet with people beforehand that usually we wouldn't be able to.

Nonspiritual thoughts:

We are biking and I am at a light and I look back and my companion is gone and I'm like where is she? So the light turns green and I decide to go through the light and wait on the other side. I waited for about 10 minutes. Nothing. I don't see her anywhere. I take out my phone cause I don't have the sim card and I'm like ok if I can see our wifi that means she is near. I take it out and still nothing so I'm like crap. I start asking people on the streets for their phone to call her and they are like oh 沒有電 (no battery) I'm like HOW CAN U WALK AROUND WITH A DEAD PHONE. So I go into a helmet store and use their phone. I luckily have our number memorized and so I called once and nothing. I realize I can't call anyone else cause I don't have their numbers (in my head I'm like did she fall or get hit by a car? Is she already home waiting?) And then I call again and luckily she answers. It turns out her whole box fell off in the middle of the street (not just the box but the whole metal part holding it onto the bike and she had tied it back on using the string on her rain poncho.

We also did an escape room last week and it was so hard haha granted it was all I'm Chinese and when they would translate the clues (cause at the bottom it would tell us certain things we have to use) it would be like: rat, popsicle stick, map. And we would just be like


It was so cold here (plus the rain and wind), even our Elders bought fleece tights at a 7/11 and wear them to keep warm.








--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...