Monday, March 20, 2017

Almost done with training!!




I can't believe that this week is transfers and I will be out of training. We don't know who will be staying or who will be leaving until Wednesday afternoon. AHHHH. I can't believe I have been on my mission for almost five months now?!?!?! After training my mission will be basically me doing training five more times and then it's over?!?!?! WHEN DID IT GO THIS FAST.

We did have some miracles though. On Sunday we did last minute temple tours and at first I was a little confused because we would be leaving our area and we needed to so some serious work here! God works in mysterious ways, because on our way back I told Sister Austad that we could get off at Xike station instead of Xizhi station and walked back towards our apartment to give us more opportunities to proselyte. Once we hopped off at Xike station, we met this really cool lady named Nancy who was super open to our message. She used to live in New York but has recently moved back to settle down and found a husband. She said she didn't really have a specific religion but that maybe God was trying to talk to her and that she should listen to what we had to say. Satan really tried to get us not to talk to her because when we first started talking to her there were two mosquitoes flying around us  and in my head I was like oh no.....and then as soon as we started talking about God there were over ten mosquitoes around us. Sister Austad and I did not give up and we ended up finishing the contact and setting up later!!

Liu Jiemei is also doing okay. She had a little stumbling block on Saturday after we met with her. Our lesson went super well and she was set up to be baptized next week but that evening she stumbled across a bad movie and so now we have to meet with her tomorrow and try to see how she is doing. Even though her faith was shaken a bit by the movie, she is doing pretty well and is trying to work around her work schedule to come to church and meet with us. 

Nonspiritual thoughts:

Yesterday we had a qingke (dinner invitation) with our bishop, the Elders, and our investigators. Our bishop is like this tiny serious looking man, but as soon as he whipped out his homemade tea and sweets you could see he has a heart of gold. He was like "did you see all those plants outside? I use them to make my herbal tea". He then proceeded to turn on this light behind the table in another room and it lit up the red lamps and there were even more herbs. Our bishop was like "I welcome everyone to have tea and then proceeded to shake the Elders' hands. 

Yesterday we went to a night market underneath the train station and when we were about to leave I heard this crushing sound and I was like WHAT HAPPENED  and I heard this sound saying "Sister!! HELP ME IN MY HOUR OF NEED" and it's Sister Austad with her bike tipped over and her basket had fallen off. She had one foot on the pedal and it had basically happened in slow motion that she saw her basket starting to fall off as she was going to start pedaling away and so she had fallen off in front of everyone. Luckily she didn't really get hurt.         


--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

The desk that we assembled ourselves




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...