Monday, February 6, 2017

An eyelid the size of a baseball and the end of Guonian



Hello family!!!!! We are still living in Songshan as of right now since our apartment is still a bit iffy. We had a water heater guy come over and look at our apartment. He went to our water heater and when he opened to look at it...it basically crumbled in his hand. Then he basically told us we do have CO and that it would need to be replaced since it was SO OLD. So President Jergensen is having the office Elders look at a new apartment for us today and if they like it then we can go look at it and decide. Today for pday we are going to the beach!! (which I am honestly so excited for) We are going with sister Kim and her companion and a couple of other sisters. 

As for qingkes we still ate SO MUCH. I ate so much that one of our investigators said I was getting a little pang pang. (fat) and I was like.... alright. 

I also went to the hospital...once again. I got bit a lot while I was in Songshan (don't worry cause we have the raid and stuff now so we are fine) but like the first night I got bit everywhere and I literally looked like i got ran over by a car. Our investigators and our ward is so cute, they found out and they gave me all this stuff to help with my billions of bites. I got one on my eyelid and it swelled so much (cause I am allergic) and it was so big that I went to the doctor to get medicine to put on my eye. I iced my eye for about two days during meal times and so for right now I am only wearing glasses. It's almost gone but I think I will miss everyone going what's wrong with your eye??? and me being I am still alive so don't worry and then them just being like I have medicine for you and me being like "ok."

Miracles: 


So we are definitely still alive!! My companion had been waking up almost every night in Xizhi with the prompting to go open a window (me being the rock hard sleeper I am...I didn't wake up over anything. Like a fire alarm could go off and if I am in deep sleep well enough I won't hear a single thing) and then we figure out later that we have CO in our apartment!! So we are still alive yay!! We are getting tested this Thursday for CO poisoning (it shouldn't be that high since we only had a bit in our apartment).

My eye also got better so fast, there was one morning that it literally was so fat and I could barely open it. I honestly did so many prayers and it has gotten so much better in just a couple of days. I will send a picture of day one where I literally look like I was ran over by a truck with like 3 mosquito bites all over my face to one from today. Don't laugh at me. 

Yesterday we barely had any investigators come to church and we were really but we have this recent convert fireside every month that we could invite investigators to. So you know that I love one of our investigators so much right? Guo Jiemei is literally so cute and she just needs to be loved. Her family situation and the way she was raised is so sad and so we were just unsure if she has ever been told she was loved. But we had a lesson where we just taught about the Savior's love and how she was so important and she just started crying. She hadn't answered her phone that entire morning (of Sunday) and we were like hm.... so a bit before dinner i was like...I am going to call her one more time and she answered within the first ring (I can't even count rings anymore cause everyone just has a song as their ring line now) and she was so willing to go all the way to Taipei to attend the fireside! It is so cool to see the power of the Atonement change lives. She is finally coming out of her drug haze and she is becoming more like herself!! Ahhhh I just love her so much.

We also thought that since we went to the doctor's in the morning that we wouldn't have enough time to make it to our Mommy class at 10:30 am on Thursday morning. But everything literally worked out and we made it back right on time and we got to teach the mom's there!!


So there's this investigator named Scott that meets with the Elders. He's American and he lives in Xizhi, he's trying to get his PhD and he just has had a tough life. We were in the church eating lunch (cause we have nowhere to eat anymore in Xizhi) and he came in and said hello (looking for the Elders). He was waiting for the Elders and while he was waiting, Sister Austad and I decided to just start talking to him more. We ended up teaching him a lesson all about the Savior and relying on our Savior! It turned out the Elders had forgotten about their appointment and if we hadn't been there then Scott would've definitely stopped being an investigator. It was honestly a divine rendezvous that was Scott really needed, it was cool to teach in English and to really just teach about our Savior. 
 

Non spiritual stuff:

So we are trying to cut down Guo Jiemei's smoking and so we are currently on a chocolate fast with her. But yesterday they had these cookies for dessert and i was like oh I will eat just a small one and then i was like...but I want another......and Guo Jiemei was like no you'll get fat and i looked at her straight in the eye and I was like ok....but If I can't eat another cookie then you can't smoke anymore cigarettes tonight. (little sassy fatty me came out) She was like eat another cookie and I was like nope...I committed to you I wouldn't eat another one tonight so...no more cigarettes tonight and she didn't have any more that night.

​Pics: The frist one is how I literally looked with a billion mosquito bites on my face and hand (aka ran over by a car) with Sister Kim who also got bit all over the face.
 The second one is today...I am doing great!!​
 Also got my official name tag today!


I have to go soon cause we are going to the beach with other missionaries. But I love you all and I will talk to you next week!! 


--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...