Monday, February 27, 2017

Who is Sherry and where did February go?



I can't believe February is already almost over?!?! I feel like yesterday was just barely the start of February and now it is almost over!! This week has been so fun and so crazy. I'll start off with the bike ride to Muzha for the zoo... It was an hour bike ride from our area to the zoo. Carol and I felt like dying when we were biking up the HUGE MOUNTAIN and I may or may not have been screaming on my way up some of the hills. It was sooo tiring. The way down the mountain was the best, we went so fast!! We went to the zoo and it was a lot of fun, afterwards we got to go to eat Korean BBQ chidaobao (All you can eat) and I was so excited because...we all know how much I love food. Anyways...on to the miracles of this week!!!

Miracles:

Our English class hasn't really had any new people recently but this week was amazing!! We were having English meeting right before the English class was supposed to start when all of a sudden a girl comes in early! She's all like, "Oh I was googling an English class around here and I found this one!" And we were all like   ok....so we ended English meeting early so we could teach her and we ended up teaching her the first lesson and gave her a baptismal date!!! 

We were also in U-town one day because it started POURING HERE and so we tried doing finding in U-town which is a mall here in Xizhi. We were on the lower floor where all the food is and we met this girl named Yang Kai Ching. We set up to meet up with her the following week and we just slipped in the invitation to go to church. Well yesterday she came to church!! She stayed for all three hours and even though we haven't taught her really anything yet except a little bit about prayer, when she was asked in the Gospel Principles class how prayer can help her she said, "I think it will bring me peace." My companion and I were just like

We also called the phone numbers on some old information papers for the English class student and there was one that I called where I had to kind of guess the last number on. Well on this one we ended up calling a 76 year old man!! It was so crazy hahahaha, well he ended up referring his family to us and we invited them to English class this week!!! 

I also have my first RC!! Her name is Sherry!!!!! She is a 16 year old who has a boyfriend that is in our ward. She said that at first when she starting meeting with us she didn't really know why or why she would do the things we invited her to do. She then said that even though she doesn't completely understand everything, she knows that this is the right choice for her. I honestly am so happy for her and her boyfriend had the opportunity to baptize her! God is so good and it is amazing to see the way that Christ's gospel can change lives. 

Nonspiritual thoughts:

We also had this ward activity where we could invite investigators to and it was how to make Strawberry pie. It was going great and we all are watching this guy in our ward teach us how to bake when all of a sudden our bishop starts wheeling in this huge cart of cups (like a classy cart you see at tea time in movies) and I'm like...okay? Then he wheels around another cart full of herbs and I'm like...what is happening. He then starts taking out his mini boombox to play Canon in D. So...basically our bishop is an herb master and likes to make his own healthy tea.


We with Carol and our District Elders

All of us at the zoo





Me and the panda

 

Sherry, her boyfriend and us



 
Our bishop and his herbs











--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...