Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The fastest week!




This week literally flew by!! Well some parts did but the waiting a long time for pday did not however fly by fast.
​​ 
​Last Monday we had the cool opportunity to meet this girl named 詒安 (Yi An)​. Sister Jones and the 中二 (Zhong Er) sisters found her while my companion was sick the week before I got here, she had said that she had seen a lot of missionaries but she was always too afraid to go up and talk to them but was so happy when the missionaries came to her and said hi that day. We had been trying to meet with her but she always cancelled or would just not show up. This time she finally came and we taught her the first lesson and then shared a really cool scripture about how Christ is like our shepherd and we must hearken to the call of the shepherd. She thought it was so good and she was like "I am really lonely living by myself and my family is not with me. I have no one to talk to, but with prayer i can talk to God and every time I just want to cry because of the feeling I get." We then had her say the closing prayer and in the prayer she had thanked God that she had made this decision to learn more about the church. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and she was super set on being baptized on the 28th of October!

We also had Zone Conference this past week and I just learned so much. I learned so much about how important having faith is and how faith is really key to accessing the miracles from God!! I have been praying everyday for more faith and it has been cool to see the miracles when you just have faith that you will receive them!! Also, we learned about having gospel discussions and goals throughout the day. My companion and I have been trying to do more gospel discussions and using the Book of Mormon in finding and we have been seeing a lot of success from it (especially on college campuses).



Also, my sweet little Joanne got baptized this past Saturday and it was a huge blessing to be able to go and witness it. To see someone make their first covenant with their Heavenly Father is truly something special. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to meet her and to help her meet the gospel (actually it was all of the member's help and Heavenly Father helping her be prepared and to have enough faith to act). 




Nonspiritual stuff:

"Sorry I took so long to answer the phone, we found a ringtone on our phone and it's really catchy." - Elder Nelson our District Leader

"Is it taking the photo? My face is fading!!" - Elder Cooke as he tried to press the photo button on my camera to take a photo of our district.


I took a photo with dying Sister Chu, she had just gotten home at night and was so tired so she just fell onto her bed and died. 





We attended the temple yesterday




--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...