Monday, October 2, 2017

I'm back!

I just emailed a couple days ago because of the temple, but I'M BACK. I don't have too much to talk about since it's been like what....four days? This transfer has been going by so fast I NEED TIME TO SLOW DOWN. 

The temperature has been cooling down BUT IT IS STILL SO HOT. I did not know it was possible for me to sweat this much until I got to Taiwan. Gross I know. It happens. (my motto on my mission when things don't go the way we plan) This past week was pretty good though let's move onto the miracles!!!

Since moving to Zhongli, I have been teaching the children's class with Sister Chen. If you didn't already know...I'm not very good with children. They are so cute to look at but when I have to do stuff with them.....oooooh. Anyways, it takes A LOT OF ENERGY to be with the children but since it's for a greater cause I do it with a smile hahahahha (a pained smile of course jk jk it's fun sometimes) So since there are a lot of parents there we make a strategy to try and contact them before they all leave (cause they move so fast like a cockroach when you are trying to kill it but don't take that the wrong way...they are not a cockroach and we are not trying to kill them....it's just cockroaches here run super fast especially the tiny ones. The bigger ones don't since they are so big...lol.) Anyways there was this really cute family that came and usually it's just the dad with their two year old son that come but this time the wife and their tiny baby came too!! So when we took a five minute break in between class I hurry and went over to talk to the mom and she was super cool!!! They wanted to come to church once I explained a bit more about what it's like and about how it helps families!! It was a huge miracle. 

On Saturday we met this super cool lady from Gambia at this college campus. We had gone a little earlier to the campus to do some finding before our lesson and there she was walking past us. I quickly said hi and we started talking about what she was doing in Taiwan. Religion soon became the topic of our conversation and she told us she was Christian and when we asked her why she was here in Taiwan and she was like there was no way I could deny there being a God because He has answered so many of my prayers. My family didn't have enough money to send me to high school or college but I knew that God would provide a way and would help me and here I am in Taiwan. It was seriously so cool and she was like you have to be looking and aware for answers from God because He always answers prayers. We talked about the restoration and then set up with her for this week!! I am so excited for her!! She was super cool and was so humble. The lesson was a bit hard in English but we made it through!!

We also had this amazing pass off lesson from the other 中二 (Zhong er) sisters. So Sister Chu has been getting a couple bike accidents recently but some really cool miracles have come out from it. So this lady that had helped them ended up meeting with them and she lives in our area! We met with her and she is a cute lady with two children and she works at a breakfast shop. She said that she really wanted to understand the scriptures but when we read with her 3 Nephi 11 she was just soaking it in and it really testified to me the power of using the scriptures and the power of the Holy Ghost in teaching!! (Our Chinese is not that great to get where she was at) She set a baptism date and she is just soooo cooooool. I am so excited for her!!!!

I ALSO FORGOT TO SHARE THE BIGGEST NEWS THAT XU SHU RONG 徐淑蓉 PASSED HER BAPTISM INTERVIEW AND SHOULD BE GETTING BAPTIZED NEXT WEEK (not this week cause of conference)​


Nonspiritual stuff:

So we tried going to the temple this past Saturday to do baptisms with Joanne and Joanna but IT TURNS OUT IT'S CLOSED FOR TWO WEEKS and so Joanne and Joanna were so sad. But we ended up taking fun pics anyways. So cute. 




















Sister Chen and Sister Chu are always given food at church and so she came home last night with 10 pomelos and it was so funny cause then they had a photo shoot with it. We also had the funnest time recording this video of them saying bye Felicia and they wanted to fake slap each other. it was so so funny. 

Also I ate pig's ear because we went to this restaurant that missionaries always go to and the restaurant owner was like this is the Elder's favorite *proceeds to hand me a piece* it's really good  and it's salty. Eat it!! So....I did.


I also tried Moon cakes for the Mid-Autumn festival and I love eating them. People have been giving us so much stuff to eat and we are barbecuing tomorrow in our ward.







--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...