Monday, October 23, 2017

Transfer ....... GUESS WHAT




Transfers rolled around aka the scariest thing known to man. It's this giant fear of what is going to happen to me...am I staying or leaving?? So basically everyone and their dog kept telling me YOU ARE GOING TO TRAIN SISTER CHAO and me being me I was like....NOOOOO I COULD NEVER TRAIN. So I was just waiting and waiting till transfer calls came. Tuesday night rolls around and everyone's asking if I have gotten a call yet and I'm like no I am safe lol they haven't called me yet. 9:52 pm rolls around and then the AP's start calling and I'm like noooooo it can't be true! The AP is just like...can your apartment fit another sister? We might make you a tripanionship and then he's like okay and then hangs up. He then calls back in like two minutes and is like JUST KIDDING YOU'RE HAVING A BABY (means that I am training) So....I AM TRAINING and I AM TERRIFIED. I haven't felt relaxed/peaceful since I got the training call. There were 8 sisters just flew in and I picked my companion up yesterday from Taipei because their visas and planes were delayed! I am training Sister Sorenson from Centerville, Utah. She's super cool, she took two years of Chinese in High school...so basically what I am saying is that she is training me hahahahahaha. I am a bit nervous to see how this is all going to work out and I am hoping my trainee just loves her mission and missionary work. 



ALSO ALL OF MY GENERATION IS TRAINING.  Sister Lim, Sister Kim, Sister Hansen, Elder Finster, and Elder Ehinger are all training!! IT'S CRAZY. 

This week:

So this week was just a roller coaster while waiting for the trainees to come I basically served with the Zhongli er sisters. It was cool they are so funny and we saw a lot of cool miracles. 



We went to go visit a member a couple days ago and we talked about doing missionary work and then the member was like we should all go visit this less active in the ward. This LA has had some sad stuff happen to her so she hasn't been the happiest lately so her mom loves our church because she thinks it will help her daughter and her family. So we went over to eat with the mom and the less active and the lesson went super well. We are trying to start teaching the mom since she's not a member but likes our church. The mom was super willing to let us come back over later and well it was just super cool!!

We also met up with my favorite Chen Lan Fang. She's still doing super cool. She's been reading the Book of Mormon lately and has been really cool and willing to meet with us and learn more. I am just excited to see how fast she progresses and see how the gospel changes her life. 

We recently did this cool missionary fireside in my ward and it was awesome to see how the members supported us. We really want to get our ward behind us on working together to do missionary work. We did groups focusing on sharing the gospel with friends/family, how to peike in lessons, and how to befriend investigators at church. It was super fun and cool to help them see how much we need members!

Nonspiritual thoughts:

We ate dinner with this member last week and the kids were so funny and we just became little best buddies. I told them that we needed a key word so later in life we would know it was each other, so at church I asked them if they thought of one yet and they were like ABC. Then at first I was like are we just talking about the alphabet or the fact that I am American Born Chinese....but then when i asked them why. The boys were just like well my name is Andrew his name is Benjamin and you are Sister Chao...ABC. I ABOUT DIED. 

I’ll hit my year mark on the 26th!!!! I AM SO SCARED. Time passes by so fast!





















--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...