Monday, April 3, 2017

I Fean No Man

Hello from Xizhi! This week was a bit harder since we weren't in our area as much, but we were able to see some amazing miracles!

I learned a lot from companionship exchanges and a lot about just enjoying missionary work! It's been a bit harder since we had to drop a lot of investigators since they weren't progressing as much or they just weren't as interested. To combat this negative mindset, Sister Chang and I every morning at 7:20 am go to the mirror and we raise our hands up and say "WE FEAR NO MAN" for a good two minutes and then we go on with our day. 


On Saturday we had the amazing opportunity to do temple tours, I love to do temple tours because we are always able to see some amazing miracles from it! My Aunt had told me two weeks ago about the two uncles that live in Taipei, this was amazing to hear because I had never known I had family here in Taiwan. It was a little odd at first contacting him since I had never met him and this was our first time talking. I had been praying and hoping I would stay close enough to Taipei to do temple tours so I could meet him and introduce him to our church, and when transfers came and I saw I was staying I about died. I immediately contacted him and invited him to our next scheduled temple tour and it turns out that it was perfect timing because he would be back from his business trip in Hong Kong just in time to make it. At first I was really worried about what type of tour to give him, but when we met with him it was almost like he was telling us what he wanted to learn! He wanted to know all about how our church was different than other churches and so we gave him the restoration tour. He was amazed since he had never heard any of these things before and was so curious about the Book of Mormon. It was a small seed planted, but I am so happy that he had the opportunity to hear about our church! ​We also had the opportunity to teach his Aunt at temple tours and we taught an amazing lesson on the plan of salvation. It is amazing to have the opportunity to teach family here in Taiwan!


Nonspiritual moments:

So we went to elephant mountain and by mountain I mean just A HUGE AMOUNT OF STAIRS. JUST STAIRS FOR DAYS. Sister Kim, Sister Lim, and I party it up on pdays now since we are all so close to each other. 

 We also had this amazing sushi and I just loved it. Like it was sooooo good.



Also people here are so scared of rain like I am not even kidding. They retreat back into the shadows when rain comes. They are so funny, one time it was sprinkling a little bit on our way to the church and when we were almost to the church we see this lady that had a plastic bag on her head to cover her hair from the rain. 

--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...