Monday, May 1, 2017

COCKROACHES AND A HUGE MIRACLE




This week was pretty rough cause I got pretty sick last Thursday and am still recovering, so there weren't as many opportunities to proselyte. BUT despite that there was one HUGE miracle. We are teaching this investigator who is named Yang Kai Qing and she is set up to be baptized next Saturday. We met with her this past Saturday and at the end she said the closing prayer. What surprised me is what she ended up saying. She usually keeps her prayers short but this time she said something that stood out to us at the beginning of her prayer she said, "I am so grateful to be here" So we decided to ask her what she meant by that and she said that she was so grateful for Christ being born in a manger and that without Him she wouldn't be here today and so she's grateful that she is here at this place at this time and that there are missionaries. LIKE WOAH. And then she bore her testimony on prayer to the Elder's investigator the following day AND I AM JUST BLOWN AWAY BY HER. SHE HAS CHANGED SO MUCH SINCE Sister Austad and I first met her. This is why missions are amazing, you get to see the Atonement of Christ change people and it just brings me so much happiness. 

Nonspiritual stuff:

THIS WEEK IS TRANSFERS AND I AM FREAKING OUT. I will probably be leaving since I have been here for three transfers and I am so not excited to pack. 

Also, so our apartment has the greatest opportunity to be by a bunch of bars! It's amazing but one of the best things that happened is when my companion went out in the morning and there's like two cockroaches that are dead and we are like it's cockroach season but it's fine and so we left. We came back for lunch and my face was like BECAUSE NOW THERE ARE ARE LIKE 20 DEAD COCKROACHES OUTSIDE IN FRONT OF THIS BAR THAT IS NEXT DOOR AND SOME WERE STILL TWITCHING. THREE MADE IT INTO THE ENTRANCE OF OUR BUILDING. 

Also the bird still won't stop pooping on our bikes. Like I think it's purposely having a game of where it can poop cause it has pooped in places I didn't even know it was possible to reach. The funniest one is when it pooped on Sister Chang's bike box and it splattered onto the back of her seat. LEWL.


--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan


Chiang Kai-shek status

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...