Monday, May 8, 2017

TRANSFERS

My new companion, Sister Hickenlooper
Hello!! I got transferred to Siyuan!! 思源 which is about two hours west of my old area! It's funny because we don't actually live in our area so we have to bike about half an hour to get into our area. I am actually in Sister Hansen's training/breaking area! My new companion is Sister Hickenlooper and I am actually killing her this transfer! (Which means she is going home this transfer) That means I will take over the area after she leaves . She's from Herriman, Utah! She's awesome! We have been going to our area recently, so after today basically we are just biking like crazy back and forth from our area (cause our church is here where we live) to our church everyday.



Transfers went a little like this: WHAT IS PACKING and then the actual day of transfers was like this since I had three luggage and I was lugging it through the MRT station (thank goodness people are so nice and saw me dragging...ok more like hurling...my luggage onto the MRT and so they decided to help me ) My new apartment is really nice and big like my old one! I have only seen two huge dead cockroaches OUTSIDE the apartment, luckily I haven't seen any inside otherwise I would probably die a little inside. We do have ants though....

When I first got to the area I still didn't have too many opportunities to go out and proselyte in our area since I didn't have my bike yet and I was still slightly dying inside, but yesterday we got to go to our area more and we were able to have some really cool miracles! We first picked to visit this LA and it turns out that she had helped her siblings and her dad get to know the church and they were all eventually baptized! She had been married years ago and her husband didn't let her go to church, but she got divorced five years ago and it was really hard for her so she didn't go back to church. She then got a job taking care of those with special needs and went to a church near her work since it was more convenient, she then got cancer a year ago and had been taking care of herself ever since (plus still working) but we were able to work with her and we are going to do a service project at her work and start getting her to come back to church!! We then had about ten minutes left before we had to leave to go home so we decided to do a prayer and then go to this small park, we met this mom and her son who were super willing to talk to us and it turns out her husband has been to church before and she goes every week with a friend already to a different church. She was like yeah we are usually free every evening, so you sisters can come over anytime and teach us! SUCH A MIRACLE.

Anyways, I don't have too many photos since I was sick and we didn't do anything last pday, but this pday we are going to Ximen Ding again with Sister Kim, Sister Lim, and some other sisters. It's going to be awesome!!





I'm feeling better every day, I am not totally 100% but I am getting there. I have been taking Tylenol and Sudogest. I have been kind of eating. I'll be fine don't worry, I just miss American food a lot lewl. So much rice and noodles here, every day.


Can't wait talking to you all next week!! Love you all and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...