Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Week of Miracles and FOOD




Last week we went to Yingge and we made pottery, ate good food, and you know we went around and bought stuff. It was a fun and relaxing pday! I still am really bad at making anything on the wheel, it may be a bit ugly but 沒關係 (it doesn’t matter) it was made with love and laughter...mostly laughter. 

This week was full of miracles and hard work. We literally have been biking like CRAZY and it has been raining a lot here. I love when it looks sunny and then ten seconds later the sky turns gray and it starts pouring. I finally made my plan of how I am going to study the Christlike attributes until I go home. So I have 8 transfers left (IT HAS GONE BY SO FAST WHAT IS HAPPENING) and so I have just enough time to study each attribute each transfer! 

This week was good and full of miracles. It was hard though since some of our baptismal date investigators that we were hoping would get baptized this transfer had to be dropped. BUT we were able to find some really cool potentials and some new investigators! We got to meet with this cool family that we call the 周家庭 (Chou family), they are awesome and it truly is a miracle because the wife is from mainland China and so she doesn't have a lot of Christian background. The reason she was willing to let us meet her whole family is because her husband got a job about two years ago at a company whose boss is Christian and shares a lot from the bible with them! WHAT A MIRACLE. 

Also, one of our top progressing investigators (Xie Ting Yu) is well on her way to baptism! We are feeling confident that she can make her date for June 10th.  We taught her the third lesson and word of wisdom this past Saturday, she was a little hesitant about the Word of Wisdom but when we talked to her on Sunday she said that every time she would drink coffee or tea she would have a bad feeling. She is truly set on her date and is willing to meet with us twice a week and loves to read and pray. I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER.

We've also really trying to get the ward pumped for missionary work! They have been doing an awesome thing called the forty day fast that is all for missionary work! The members are so amazing and signed up for days to fast, there were literally no empty spots! (All according to Sister Hickenlooper, I got here in the middle of it) We have seen some really cool miracles from it, some less active members/families have been coming back to church and members are bringing their friends to church!! Member work is honestly so amazing and I don't know if they realize how big of an impact they make. 

Nonspiritual thoughts:

Sister Hickenlooper and I have literally been eating so much food hahaha, but I justify it with the two weeks I could barely eat since I was sick and that we bike a ton. DON'T QUESTION IT. There's just this road here that has so many little restaurants and carts, just so much good food. 

Also, a couple of weeks ago we heard our first Chinese song that had country mixed in with it. It was honestly one of the most interesting songs I have ever heard. 

This week for pday we are going to go watch a dragon boat race, I am excited because it will probably be the only time I get to see it in person for a while! 

--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...