Monday, August 28, 2017

Hardest week but so rewarding!



Let me just tell you...this week though!!!!!! wow. A lot of things happened. So much happened but now it's over so phew. This week was a lot of people saying they would come to things but then not showing up, typical missionary life. But anyways let's go into the stuff you really want to hear:

陳佳茵 (Chen Jia Yin) got baptized!!!!! Her baptism went so smoothly, it was so great. It was definitely the highlight of this week. She is one of the most humble people that I've ever met, she thought her testimony wasn't big enough (it grows over time!!) but she loves church and that you can learn how to be better from it. We call her the day before to make sure how she's feeling and she's like...I feel good. No concerns whatsoever and we are like alright. Saturday rolls around and we had told her to come at 5 pm so we could get her the baptism clothes and help her feel prepared. 4:50 rolls around and she comes up to us with all these Taiwanese snacks that she wants us to try! So...my companion and I had these chips that literally taste like Taiwan, like sometimes when you ride past restaurants you get this smell and that smell is exactly what the chips tasted like. We also tried pigs blood cake (pigs blood with glutenous rice, peanut powder, and Taiwan parsley)!!!!!! She like runs upstairs to cut it since it was on a stick, she then ran down the stairs and starts cackling evilly cause she wanted all the missionaries to try it. (It wasn't that bad but I wouldn't ever buy it myself.) She then got baptized and bore her testimony, it was just so smooth I was so surprised. She also had invited her brother and her cousin to come so it was super special!!







高佩憶 is also doing really well! We finally had the opportunity to meet with her and we asked her why she wanted to be baptized before and she said that it was because she wants to do the right things in life. She wants to make the decisions that will give her a greater purpose in life, so we testified to her that she is on the right path and that after baptism the Holy Ghost will guide her to make the right decisions and give her a greater sense of happiness! She was more than willing to accept a new baptism date and I am excited for her!!

We have been calling through some records and we found this one for a family. We call it up and they invite us over and so we get to meet the mom and a girl named leaf. While the rest of the family wasn't as interested in our message, the coolest thing was the girl named Leaf. When we had started  the lesson she had straight up told us that she didn't believe in God and that there was no way God existed, after we died we would all just disappear into nothing. We shared about the first lesson and how if God existed then He truly never left us because of prophets and the Book of Mormon. When we had asked her if she was willing to read and pray every night she sat for a second and then looked us in the eye and said I am willing to try.

We also got one of the coolest referrals last night. This member had called us during our lesson and so we called her back afterwards and she said, "hi, my friend from my class is interested in understanding our church. I had talked to her about my religion and she said she's interested in understanding more about it." I had finally recognized her name, when Sister Eyring had first got to Xinzhuang we had gone to the 's (Zhang) house for a YSA activity and they had told me to befriend this LA that was there...it turns out it was the lady that was currently calling us!! It's so cool and so nice when members share the gospel because their friends trust them and are more open to listening!!

Nonspiritual thoughts:

Nothing really happened this week though.

When we went English boarding and I hand the tract to this girl and she looks at it and then in English says, "I don't need this" and tries to hand it back to me and inside I'm like but then I calmly said give it to a friend!

Then yesterday on our way to the lesson with the family it was pouring and so my shoes don't stay on that well in the rain but usually I'm fine. but this time...oh this time it was different. So here we were trying to cross this big busy road and I was looking left and right to find the moment and then here it was..the moment we had been waiting for...just enough time to cross the street. So I went to push my bike to get going and right when I did my shoe popped off!! So here I was in the middle of the street while it was raining with ONE SHOE ON. So I had to like hurry and went back and tried to pick my shoe off the street before the cars came back, but no worries, I am still alive and so is my shoe. 


So after the baptism there was this ward activity that Danfeng was holding and so we went to attend it and as we head up the stairs to the big meeting hall we hear this music. But not just any kind of music....rock music??? So we look into the big meeting room and there is this boy that is jumping from side to side and banging his head up and down as he plays his electric guitar for everyone. We were just so surprised cause we didn't know exactly what this activity would be.

We had been cleaning our old apartment cause of the move and my companion is cleaning in the kitchen and she looks under the sink to move everything out. She moves this big bag out from under the sink and then just goes... Sister Chao. I go in and there's this huge dead cockroach and I'm like NOOOPE. So...the picture is her with the broom about to throw it's dead body outside. If you look closely at the broom you'll see this giant dark oval thing...that's the cockroach.



--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...