Monday, August 7, 2017

The Longest week!






This week literally felt like ten years!!!!! Also Happy Father's day from Taiwan. In Taiwan they have Father's day on 8/8 cause it's like 爸爸節 (Father's day) anyways...We put in a lot of hard work and a lot of great things happened!! Where to even begin......


We did service at the special needs center again and it was fun as always, the people there are so cute and they love giving hugs and handshakes. This one guy kept coming up to me just to shake my hand. I'll attach some photos of it below. It was so fun when they tried teaching us dances again and you all know I can't dance so...it was definitely a struggle.

One of the coolest miracles is that one night we were calling through some formers and there was no success at first. Then like ten minutes after a person calls us (no number was showing) and I'm like hello???? and This lady starts talking like crazy fast and she's like did you call me??? Here I am like 😳 yes....(but we had no idea who this was yet so I'm trying to stall her as she starts yelling out her number to us and my companion is searching through these piles of former records) We finally figured out who she was and then set up with her. We met with her this past Saturday and she was like, "I usually ignore all the missionary people phone calls, but I don't know why this time I felt like I had to answer the phone." Sooo coool.

Then one time we were waiting for this investigator and her daughter to meet with us and we were like...wow she is taking forever...should we leave? (keep in mind we have been waiting for 15 minutes) and I'm like no we should call her first and see if she's still coming. So we end up calling her and she's like 我們快到了 (kind of like we are almost there) so we are like okay we will wait then. Another 15 minutes pass and we are like 🙄 but this cute family passes us and then we just started talking to them since we were waiting for our investigators. They were so cute and it was a real quick contact but we got to meet with them this past Saturday and they were so awesome! The wife actually has the same last name as me! I was like wow I don't see a lot of Taiwan people with my last name and then we bonded lol. The grandma was there and usually the older people in Taiwan don't like us being over, but this lady was so supportive of us and was like the children should go to the church and make some friends! They ended up (well the dad didn't come) coming to church yesterday for our Father's Day sacrament meeting!

Our sacrament meeting for Father's day went awesome, with the combined efforts of the 思源 (Siyuan) Elders, we were able to get a whopping 15 people that were nonmembers at our ward! (This is a big achievement since our ward is kind of small and a lot of ward members were actually gone that week)

We were near 金華 (Jinhua) a couple days ago for a practice and we went to a small shop to eat lunch and so we usually pray before we eat and this guy that was sitting there like talks to us afterwards and he's like I saw you two praying and it made me remember that I didn't pray before I ate. We figured out he was a part of a different Christian church and that he decided to eat there cause he was driving past (he is a taxi driver) and was like something stuck out to me about this place so I had to try it. He then paid for our lunch (I felt very bad that he paid but...) and then I invited him to our activity the next day. Things like that just give you so much hope for the world.


Nonspiritual thoughts:

This week was so hot and SO HUMID like wow, I never knew it could get this hot in my life.

We ate lunch with the family here in Taiwan, it was so good cause it was a super nice restaurant well at least compared to where we usually eat. #missionarylife


We also made these swan/crane I honestly have no idea what they are for fathers day and we spent like 2 hours with the Elders and members in our ward decorating for the father's day activity.



















Then we went to the new member fireside on Sunday and Peggie spoke and she did so well and then I got to see 劉姊妹 (Sister Liu)!!




I am so excited for pday today. Our mission leader is taking us to Yilan with the Elders and we are going to the beach. It's like an hour car ride.
 

--
​​
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...