Monday, April 16, 2018

I should move to Taipei



This week we were basically up in Taipei for zone conference and MLC. it was awesome though, got to learn a lot about how to work with members and how to really work around problems! This past week Sister Nolan and I saw so many cool miracles. First off my next pday will be next Wednesday since it'll be temple pday

We went to Nanliao to go visit this LA member and it was cool to rekindle her desire to come back to church and then afterwards on our way back to Xinzhu we were biking down this street and see this guy riding his bike. We say hi to him as he passes us and we start trying to have a conversation with him, then this car pulls up next to him and is trying to park so we move and he goes to unlock the door of his house. It turns out the person parking their car was his wife! We start asking them about bikes and about this dog that was under the car and soon it was me asking to get into their house to use their bathroom!! They were oddly more than willing to let us in (and don't worry they weren't creepy or anything) and after I had gone to the bathroom we were able to sit down and start talking right then and there about our church!! It was so cool and we got to set up a time to meet with them next week!

We were also finding on the way to companion study when we stop this guy who is sitting next to this 牛肉麵店 (Beef noodles café) and he's waiting there smoking and we are like hey.... (not super expecting anything to come out of this contact) but it turns out that he's there with his wife and son (which we did not expect cause he's super young like 25 and his wife is 21 and they have a 1 year old son) and he's super excited to be a dad. We were able to talk to them all about families and they really liked the idea of having an eternal family. They were so cool that they ended up coming to this FHE that our bishop was holding that night!!

Lucia is doing AWESOME. We met with her two times this past week and she said she's super excited to be baptized. We had given her the word of wisdom pamphlet and law of chastity pamphlet ahead of time and our lesson with her this past time she had taken out this notebook and showed us her notes and the things she really liked! She said she really was touched by the things that were said, she said that through commandments she is able to become more like Christ and understand who He is. As she strives to live the commandments she will slowly become better because she said her body is like a temple and if it's not clean then how can Heavenly Father be there? SUPER COOL.

During church there was this member who said if someone asked me who I was I would say...I am a Christian, a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. And at that point it made me think, I have the amazing chance to do that everyday. I get to tell everyone what I believe in, I proudly state what I'm doing in Taiwan every hour of the day. Its an amazing opportunity and it made me so grateful.

Nonspiritual thoughts:

My eye bags have gotten so bad cause for two days we have been waking up before 5 to take a 6 o'clock train to Taipei. HAHAHHAHAHAHA I AM A WALKING ZOMBIE.

We have been killing so many cockroaches here omg. One night I was going to put my shoes away and as I was putting a shoe on the shoe rack out comes this cockroach and I'm like NOOOOOOOOO scream and run away. My companion said that she was in our kitchen and the sink cupboard was slightly open and so as she was filling up her water bottle she steps back ad out pops this cockroach and runs across the counter.

Today we are going to this grassy area and apparently there's this hill and the Elder's like it's not too bad so I try and ask the local Taiwan missionary how high the hill is. So we used Sister Nolan's picture to ask him which one the hill is more like (1 or 2) and he's like it's like number one...I texted back saying number one is not a small hill...  



One of the pics is us at the train station eating bread Lucia gave us the night before cause it was 5 in the morning and we had to jet out the door to head to Taipei.


The other one at the beach is when the elders went like crazy trying to catch these crabs and they finally caught a bigger one and so they put it in the Frisbee and everyone was freaking out...Including 林長老 hence his face.



A member has a restaurant we went to last week where there are these soupy noodles with intestines and oysters hahahhaha. Oddly the intestines were flavorful. I have also eaten pig feet, just not the squish part but I still won’t eat chicken feet though. Whatever food we were offered, I have to eat them.

Next week is temple day and we are going to the temple on Wednesday, so I won’t be writing until Wednesday. 

I don’t want to come home in a month, no … not yet, it’s too soon ….!!! 






--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...