Monday, April 30, 2018

It's already Pday!?



This week I don't have too much to update on since it's been what...Four days?

Lucia got baptized! It was super smooth and she invited a lot of family members from 竹東 to come! She ate with us at 6 o'clock about an hour before her baptism. She was super excited every time we said a ward member was coming. It was a nice evening where she was baptized by the bishop, welcomed by the ward, and sharing her testimony on Christ! She got confirmed the next day and it was awesome!


We also had this amazing new investigator 彭小姐. I had seen her outside a 7/11 on exchanges and she was waiting for her taxi to arrive and I had speedily gave her a church tract cause she had to go. A couple days later we go to a different seven to meet this 同學 who ends up being half an hour late so we had decided to do language study. Out of the corner of my eye this lady comes up and waves to us and is like you are here? I remember you! I am confused out of my mind cause I'm like uh.....We say hi to a lot of people....But I look at her nails and I'm like   I REMEMBER then she's like I still have the tract you gave me as she opens her bag and takes out the church tract. We met with her right then and shared a bit about our church and set her up for the next day! We met with her Saturday and shared more about the restoration, she ended up coming to church the next day for all three hours and was like my son was wondering why I decided now to look at Christian churches and she was like I had to since it was fate that I met you twice. She met a super awesome member who has a son the same age as hers and they really hit it off!

We met with and her friend, her friend is actually from Mexico! It was super awesome because we shared about heavenly father and the restoration, the friend was super touched because she said she hasn't had the chance to go to church or talk to god in a while so it was refreshing and nice to talk about Him.

We were thinking with all these new people we were teaching that all of them have the same question. Who heavenly father is, now they all come from different religious backgrounds and different understandings of who He is. But it helped me to really understand that God is our loving Heavenly Father, He is an all knowing and all loving God. He is also unchanging, he loves us just as much as He loved the people thousands of years ago. He still talks to His children, and yes it's like communication because we can talk to Him and He can answer us back. Maybe not a form of communication as if I were talking to my companion but it's just as real when I pray to Him and He answers me through the scriptures.

Nonspiritual thoughts:

We had a cockroach by our dryer. I thought it was dead cause it was chilling on its back but as I got closer it started flailing around and I was like Noooope so my companion smashed it hahaha haha.
























--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...