Monday, July 3, 2017

God Provides







This week was literally so amazing. SO AMAZING. I love being a missionary, God provides so many miracles when you put all of your efforts into doing missionary work. Let's start!!



First off this week was full of meetings so my companion and I were worried that we wouldn't be able to spend some good proselyting time in our area since we live so far away. We had zone conference in Taoyuan which is a good hour and a half away from our area and that took up basically over half the day but we learned so much from it. We did this amazing role play where we taught a doctrinal point in under a minute. It really teaches you to simplify and to teach powerfully. It really changed how my companion and I want to do missionary work. This week we had district meeting and exchanges so we spent a good 5 hours in our area this week???? BUT IT IS OKAY BECAUSE GOD PROVIDES. In exchanges I learned a lot more about the one minute role plays and to teach concisely and then that evening (Saturday evening) we went to this board game activity that our ward holds almost every Saturday. There's this member 張姐妹 who comes almost every time, but this time SHE BROUGHT A STUDENT WITH HER. Not only her student but the sister and the mother came too!!! For the spiritual share, the Elders' did a four minute restoration lesson and we set up with their family for next week! It was SUCH A HUGE MIRACLE.

Also, we were finding a bit last week and it was super hot so we decided to go get some ice cream, on our way back to our bikes we stopped this girl named Judy. She was super confused at first on why were so happy and how we knew her, but we simply told her we are the missionaries and we say hi to everyone. It turns out she's an English teacher and that she's gone to church before when she was in the U.S studying for college. We set her up for this past week, but then when we went to confirm her she said that she had to cancel and I was like nooooooo. But then all of a sudden an idea popped in my head and I immediately was like...."WAIT. do you want to come to this awesome activity we have on Sunday? It's church and I think you'll really like it." then she was like, "Really?" and I'm like "YEAH COME WITH US TO CHURCH IT'S AMAZING." HERE'S THE BIGGEST MIRACLE PART OF IT......SHE CAME AND WE SET HER UP AGAIN FOR THIS THURSDAY.

Also, Peggy is getting baptized (Sister Lim's investigator) and she's in my English class. She's so amazing and I am so excited for her!!!

Nonspiritual thoughts:

Tomorrow is the fourth of July?!?!?!?!?! A family (The Howard's) in our ward is taking us out for lunch and I am pumped. 
Also, there's a huge cockroach in our kitchen and we have no idea where it is or how we are going to kill it?!?!?!?!?! So we bought some cockroach killer traps and I will tell you as soon as we find the king roach that is living in our cupboard. 

We met with this lady in our ward last week who brought her small girl to the meeting and Elder Fuller spent like 10 minutes trying to get a high five from her and then he just gave up and said just love me....she then proceeded to lick the table. LOL. 

On exchanges, Sister Armstrong and I went to this super fancy restaurant and in the water they had a piece of lime and a cherry tomato. What could be classier.


Also, in Taipei they have a POOP THEMED RESTAURANT. I DIED AND TOOK A PIC OF EVERYTHING. AND of course I didn't eat in there.



 









We also went to the recent convert fireside and we took a lot of pictures hahahhaa. 



Eating our yummy Greek food!














--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...