Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy Fourth of July!!



Quick thing, next week my pday won't be until next Wednesday (the 19th or I guess the 18th for people in America) because we are going to the temple!

​This past week was awesome!!!​ Full of hard work, but Heavenly Father truly does help the missionaries out (there's no way we could have done this week without it).

On Tuesday we had a really cool pass off lesson from the 林口 (Lim Kou area) Elders, her name is Lu Pei Shan. She's cool, she was baptized as a Catholic a little bit ago but she had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon. 



On Wednesday we got to meet with a girl named Winnie after English class. She is the granddaughter of one of the stake high council members in the Danfeng ward. She has always wanted to be baptized, but her parents want her to wait till she's 18 to make that decision. We taught her the third lesson (the Gospel of Jesus Christ) and I asked her if she still wanted to be baptized and she said yes!! I told her to pray about it, talk to her grandpa, and then talk to her parents about it. And that if she really wanted to be baptized, Heavenly Father would see her desires and help her. She was able to set a date for the 16th of August, now it all depends on if her parents will allow her!!

We also got to meet with the really cool mom from last week and her daughter Candice. We shared the second lesson (the plan of salvation) and the Spirit that was there was awesome. They are truly amazing people and are so willing to listen to what we are teaching. 

On Saturday we got to meet with Li Jia Ling and we taught her the second lesson also. We were asking her questions about why we are here and how Christ can give us happiness. She truly testifies to me how Christ can change lives, she has severe depression but since she's met with us and learned more about her Savior she said that she has gotten a lot happier. We gave her a baptismal calendar to help her see her goal of baptism, and she said that she's excited for her baptism (on the 29th hopefully!!)

Sunday was really cool, we had a huge miracle of having four people at church!! Later that evening we met with a new investigator 黃先生 (Mr. Huang) and his wife 張小姐 (Ms. Chang), he had gone to a Catholic school for college and they had seen missionaries a lot. Their mom met with the missionaries in a different area and then they were referred over to us! At first we thought we were only meeting the wife, but the husband was like...we set up for 6 right? and we are like...YES. So we went over and the husband was going to leave the room but we were like...NOOOO COME BACK, so we shared about why were on missions and then he asked what are the differences in all the Christian churches. We went straight into the first lesson and then the Spirit was building up to Joseph Smith's first vision when 張小姐 is like the other missionaries asked me to read Alma 32, and I'm like that's great and next time we can talk about it (because in my head I'm like noooo the Spirit was building up to the first vision!!!) so I lead back into Joseph Smith and share the first vision. They are not kidding when they say there is a different feeling felt when you testify of Joseph Smith. The Spirit that was there was amazing...like I'm not kidding. It almost made my companion cry. They said that if they knew this message was true that they would be baptized.
Nonspiritual thoughts:

​For the Fourth of July we were taken out for lunch (and by we I mean the 思源 (Siyuan) Elders and us) by the Howard family in our ward. We had some good old burgers and we ate SO MUCH, like I'm not kidding...we ate so much. Then we all biked in the dead heat to our district meeting. It was one of the most painful bike rides I have ever had hahaha. Elder Kaufusi was like "I feel like my heart is going to explode." Either way we survived...barely. Practice teaching was us dying and trying to feel the A/C to the best that we could. ​


Elder Fuller is so salty hahaha because I jokingly kicked his bike...15 times during English boarding, lowered his seat, and won him in UNO at our ward's board game activity. It's basically a war between the 思源 (Siyuan) Elders and us. JK we are all still friends.

Also, our phone stopped working yesterday...like no one could hear us whenever we tried to speak, so my trusty companion threw it at a door and then it worked!!

For District Meeting since it was on the Fourth of July, I put on a video of fireworks a member helped me download onto my flash drive and Elder Fuller played patriotic songs. 

We were not able to attend Peggie's baptism because she lives in Tucheng, not in our district and we had the ward activity to attend that day, but she was so cute and put our faces on straws like we were there.




My Gudetama (egg with a booty) broke because Sister McKim and I chest bumped with our backpacks on the front, so Elder Fuller super glued it back together, but then it fell off randomly again and I have no idea where it went. Miss it!

My Totoro sleepwear




--
趙姐妹
--
Sister Tiffany Chao
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4/F, #24, Lane 183
Jin Hua Street
Da-an, Taipei 106
Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...