Monday, January 15, 2018

The cockroach of 中壢




You're probably confused at this title but I'll explain why. Its Wednesday, the day of transfers, everyone is antsy waiting for the call to move. 12 o'clock passes by, still nothing, another two hours pass and everyone is confused. All of a sudden the phone goes off and there it is, the link to transfers....And my baby moved! My baby moved to 松山 to be with her dad (aka my companion right before I trained her) and I am staying here in Zhongli! They thought I would be leaving but nah I'm here for six months hahaha can't get rid of me, I'm like a cockroach that I never leave.

At first when transfer calls came I was so confused and a little angry at first I'm not gonna lie. With only three transfers left and already being in this area for three, I was kind of expecting to leave but then I didn't. I kept asking why to Heavenly Father and I felt like I was getting absolutely nothing. Then we went to a baptism for our elders (two of our investigators went which was a big blessing) and in one of the talks something hit me. She said that God's path is not our path. God's plan for us is not our plan. What I want may not be what God wants and I have to trust His will. I still don't understand why I'm here or what I still have to do in Zhongli but my work here apparently is not done! My new companion is from 台中, her name is 謝佳汶姊妹!


We've been really trying to meet with more members and work with them and less actives. One cool thing is when we had just finished eating with an LA we were going to go home and do WPS but we took the wrong street home, suddenly my companion sees this lady with a dog and we stop to talk with her. She's from Indonesia but is also Chinese. She was super interested in our church and is actually already Christian. We set her up to come to church this week and she came for all three hours!!

Angelina is the closest one to baptism and my last lesson with her and sister Sorenson didn't go so well cause her children were going crazy but the next day we went over (with my new companion) and it went so much better having members there to help teach is so important! I talked to her at church yesterday and asked her about baptism and she's pretty set on it so we set up her interview for tomorrow! We are hoping everything goes alright and she can get baptized this Saturday!

We had a huge blessing to get four people to come to church and three of them were our baptismal date investigators, with a lot of running around trying to set up members and take care of our investigators all went smoothly and everyone had a good time! Phew.

Nonspiritual thoughts:

A mosquito bit me through a glove at night Hahaha. I've resorted to buying a mosquito net.


I've been learning so many cheesy pickup lines in Chinese lately and it's so funny lol I just keep using them on sister Chu.

 A lady that works at this Noodle shop across from the church came over to give us the love of my life aka fried chicken cause transfers were coming up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...