Wednesday, November 2, 2016

First week at the MTC




Wow was this week overwhelming!! It was so fun though!  Sister Kim and I are doing awesome, our first lesson was a bit rough. We taught in Mandarin on our third day?!??!?! How scary is that??????? Since then, we have done three lessons and we are teaching our fourth later today. It's really scary, but we always try and pray beforehand and with our broken Chinese we somehow are able to communicate with our investigator. 

One thing that has really helped us is we are SYL (speak your language) which basically means we communicate in Chinese and English based off what we know. Sister Kim and I try to pray in Chinese together and do one prayer in English every day. 

One of my favorite things that we have here is our devotionals. I saw President Holzapfel and on Tuesday we had Elder Nelson?!??! One of my favorite things that Sister Nelson said was "What do we know that the rest of the world doesn't know?" Because that's what we are trying to share! The biggest thing I learned from Elder Nelson was: Even if you only have one convert, I would hope that it would be yourself. How powerful is that?!?! Being a convert and having a testimony are totally different things. Everyone should be a convert. Being a convert is more than just knowing information, it is taking that information and making it a part of you -- it is a mighty change of heart. Also, I really liked the fact that God is never disappointed in anyone that is earnestly seeking repentance/forgiveness. As long as we are trying and slowly becoming better He is happy with us!

Thanks everyone who sent dear elders :) I read them all!

Love, Sister Chao
November 2, 2016 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's my last week!

This week we met this cool mom that came to our english class because she had met missionaries in Germany and in Yilan! She reme...